Upcoming Club Events - EVERYONE!
Monday,July 9th- Splash Party & Raffle Draw @Central Park5:00pm -7:00pm
- Less than a week left to sell all your raffle tickets! Please bring your ticket stubs to Central Park pool onMonday July 9thbefore5:50pm.The draw will take place at6:00pmsharp! If you cannot make the splash party deliver your ticket stubs to your pool this week and give them to an executive - NO STAPLES PLEASE! when handing in your tickets please make sure they are separated and ready to be placed in the draw.
- If you have not received your raffle books yet pick them up from Mary atCentral Park pool from8pm- 930pmonThursday, July 5or firstname.lastname@example.org make alternate arrangements.
- The kids will have time in the water to splash around with their coaches and friends.
- There will be a concession with hotdogs and treats for sale. All food will be sold at a nominal price. Thank-you to the MacPherson families who have volunteered to help with set-up and concession for this event.
- We will also be asking everyone to bring fruit, veggies, snacks and dessert to share - NO CHIPS please! If you bring food items you will receive an hour for volunteer work.
Potsticker and BBQ Pork Bun Fundraiser
Did you enjoy the potstickers and BBQ Pork Buns at our concession? The Barracudas is offering all club members achanceto enjoy these items in the comfort of your home! If you are interested in ordering either of these items, they are available for purchase nearly wholesale prices:
Pork Potstickers - box of 30 pre-cooked potstickers - can be steamed or pan-fried - $8.00 per box ($2 for every box sold goes back to the club)
BBQ Pork Buns - pack of 2 -can be steamed or microwaved -$1.75 per pack ($0.45 per pack sold goes back to the club)
If you are interested in ordering, there are 2 chances to order.
- If there is enough interest, please reply with your order by Thursday, July 5 for pick-up onMonday, July 9- pick-up your order at the Splash party!
- If there are not enough orders, your order can be saved forFriday, August 3- pick-up at Regionals. Order deadline for this date: EODMonday, July 30
You can order both dates too!Payment of cash or cheque (payable to Burnaby Barracudas) only - at pick-up of your order. Please email Zahra to place your email@example.com
- Water Polo - No practice thisFriday July 6thdue to Hootenany Tournament in Richmond
- Junior Prep1 - MacPherson group - starting thisFriday July 6thallFridayandWednesdaymorning practices in July will be from8:30-9:30aminstead of9:30-10:30am.
New Concession Coordinator Needed:
- Eileen Lau has been coordinating our club concession for many seasons now and is seeking an apprentice who will take over these duties from her. The plan is to train the new coordinator during the Swim Regionals. Eileen will be available to offer support into next season. Theposition involvesmenu planning, purchasing food and supplies, overseeing concession volunteers and accounting relating to the concession.
- Concession revenues have been a really good fundraiser for our club so we really want to keep this going.
- AGM & Awards Banquet in September. Details being confirmed and will be announced shortly.
- Remaining volunteer opportunities.
- Notice of Special Resolution to amend our club Constitution and by-law. Details coming soon.