This page contains all the “need to know” information about registration for both new and returning Cudas and for our summer and winter programs.
We suggest you read everything, and then contact our club registrar using our contact form if you have any questions that we haven’t answered below.
Once you have read this page and are ready to register online, please proceed to the “Join Us” button at the bottom on this page.
OPENS by March 1st for all programs – Swim, Water Polo, Dive & Masters
Summer registration is a 2-step process:
- Register on-line to complete the required registration forms, waivers and pay the seasonal deposit (non-refundable).
- Attend an in-person registration session at Bonsor Pool during the month of March to pay remaining fees, collect your fundraising raffle booklet & deliver the required volunteer deposit cheque (post dated for August 31st). In-person registration dates will be posted to the home page of the website in February.
OPENS by December 1st – online through Active.com – swim only
Fees & Payment
- 1x/ week – $135
- 2x/ week – $270
- All registration fees for Fall & Winter sessions are processed in full via Active’s on-line registration system,
- Online registration through Active.com is subject to a 3% processing fee.
- Cash or cheque accepted for in-person registration events and for team gear purchases.
- Cheques should be made payable to Burnaby Barracudas Summer Aquatics.
- A $50 administrative fee will be applied in the case of NSF cheques. – Summer Volunteer deposit cheque should be dated for August 31st. This cheque is only cashed in the event a family fails to fulfill the required volunteer hours outlined in the club’s volunteer policy.
Burnaby Barracudas is a nonprofit organization and bases its coaching and pool use requirements on a athlete’s commitment for the entire session. Therefore, refunds are generally not granted. However, if an athlete leaves the club or session within 2 weeks of joining and has participated in no more than 2 practices, they shall be granted a full refund of membership dues and their Volunteer Deposit cheque will be returned.
Requests for refunds shall be made in writing to the Registrar and will be decided upon at the next scheduled board meeting.
BCSSA, administrative / credit card and fundraising fees cannot be returned, regardless of the date of withdrawal.
Processing fees associated with credit card payments for online registration do not accrue to the Barracudas but stay with Active or the Credit Card processor (e.g. Square). As a result, the club cannot refund these fees.